CAMO® CLIPS (UNIVERSAL HIDDEN FASTENERS) LIMITED WARRANTY
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS AS AN ORIGINAL RETAIL PURCHASER OF CAMO® CLIPS (the “Product”), AS WELL AS LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU.
- What Types of Materials Are Appropriate for Use with CAMO® Clips? National Nail Corp. (“NNC”) warrants the performance of CAMO® Clips (the “Product”), when properly installed in accordance with manufacturers’ installation instructions and all applicable building codes, in grooved wood (such as IPE, wood and other related products), composite, capped composite, and PVC decking products, including those manufactured by Trex®, Fiberon, AERT, CPG Building Products (TimberTech® and AZEK® brands), Wolf® and other similar products.
CAMO® Clips are not designed for use in aluminum, vinyl, stone, rubber, or angled edge grooved deck board products, and NNC provides no warranty when the Product is used in connection with those applications. Read manufacturers’ installation instructions for these deck board products.
- What This Limited Warranty Covers; Period of Coverage. NNC warrants to the first retail purchaser that the Product will be (1) free from defects in material and workmanship for the life of the Product, and (2) is guaranteed against rust and corrosion for the life of the project in which the Product is first used. NNC will replace any defective Product at no charge, including shipping cost of replacement Product, subject to the limitations or exclusions contained in this Limited Warranty.
Additionally, if CAMO® Clips, installed in accordance with applicable building codes, laws, rules and regulations, and CAMO® and deck board manufacturers’ installation instructions, and accepted building practices, cause the deck board product to fail, NNC will replace the damaged deck board product at no charge. This does not replace any deck board manufacturers’ warranties, does not apply in cases where defects or damage are not solely and exclusively attributable to the Product, and is subject to the limitations described below. This Limited Warranty does not apply where damage to the deck board product is attributable, in whole or in part, to improper installation of either the deck board product itself or the CAMO® Clips.
This is your sole and exclusive remedy for any product defect. NNC assumes no liability for confirming that any product is appropriate for a particular purpose, and each intended use of a product must be reviewed and approved by qualified professionals. This warranty is not transferable.
- Exclusions from Coverage:
You will have no right to any recovery from NNC, under this Limited Warranty or otherwise, if any of the following apply: (1) You fail to notify NNC of your claim under this Limited Warranty in writing within 30 days after you discover a defect; (2) you or your installer fail to follow the instructions, requirements and recommendations, or warnings provided with the Product; (3) the product has been (a) altered, abused, misused, or reused, (b) installed or used under unusual or abnormal conditions or in violation of any building code, or (c) damaged as a result of negligence, accident, or improper installation; (4) the damage to the Product and/or deck board(s) is attributable to an Act of God, natural disaster, or the action or inaction of any third party not under the control of NNC; or (5) Product failure is related to new pressure treating chemicals, treatments, and/or procedures that are not currently on the market as of the date of purchase of the Product. If such chemicals, treatments and/or procedures change, then this guarantee may be subject to revision without notice.
This warranty does not cover labor charges or damage incurred in installation, repair, or replacement of the Product or any damaged deck board products, and does not cover costs of installation, removal, reinstallation, decking materials (other than replacement Product and/or deck board products, if applicable), or installation tools. NNC does not assume any risk or liability associated with the use of this Product. Nobody can modify or expand this warranty or waive any of its limitations except in a writing signed by an authorized officer of NNC.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: EXCEPT AS STATED IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NNC DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Limitation of Damages:
In addition to the above warranty disclaimers, to the maximum extent permitted by law, NNC IN NO EVENT WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER SPECIAL DAMAGES, AND NNC’S CUMULATIVE LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR THE PRODUCT WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID FOR THE PRODUCT AND/OR ANY AFFECTED DECK BOARD(S) BY THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER.
- To obtain Warranty Service or Information: For information, call 800-968-6245 and ask for the CAMO® Product Manager. To make a claim under this Limited Warranty, you must, within 30 days of becoming aware of the basis for your claim:
A. Prepare and send to NNC a written communication that includes the following information: A list of the type and number of fasteners for which the claim is made; A list of the type and number of deck boards for which the claim is made, if applicable; Provide proof of purchase of the product, or description of the purchase date and location; The reason(s) for the claim. B. Provide photos of the entire deck and the site of installation as well as photos documenting the failure on which your claim is based, and on request from NNC permit NNC or its authorized representative to inspect the Product and/or the project on which the Product was used. C. Send the above information to: National Nail Corp. CAMO Product Manager 2964 Clydon SW Grand Rapids MI 49519 Upon receipt of all of the above-identified items, NNC will examine, or cause to be examined, the Product in question. If we find that the submitted Product is defective, in NNC’s sole discretion, NNC will send replacement fasteners and, if applicable, funds equivalent to the value of the affected deck board(s) to the original purchaser.
- Your Rights and This Limited Warranty:
This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have additional or different legal rights that vary by state, province or jurisdiction. Likewise, some of the limitations in this Limited Warranty may not apply, in whole or in part, in certain states, provinces or jurisdictions. The terms of this Limited Warranty will apply to the extent permitted by applicable law. For a full description of your legal rights,you should refer to the laws applicable in your jurisdiction and may wish to contact an attorney or relevant consumer advisory service.